Get ready to draw! Your Premium Membership includes one-on-one access to the following features:
- On-location personalized sketchbook sessions
- Zoom/email/text access with Rob (Mobile Drawing Coach)
- New! On-location small group workshops
- New! In-studio, personalized coaching sessions
- Customized learning path
- Community Drawing Board emails
- The Scribbles Institute eNewsletter
New! On-Location Studio Sessions Enjoy one-on-one learning/practice with Rob at various locations and venues in downtown Santa Cruz. Meet and draw with Rob at your favorite downtown coffee house, or at the MAH, or in a park in Santa Cruz.
Mobile Drawing Coach Take your drawing coach with you! Wherever you go, learn basic drawing skills and techniques. Connect with Rob Court through our Mobile Drawing Coach (MDC) program. Enjoy practicing in your sketchbook at home, during your lunch break at work, or while traveling.
With your MDC program you have Zoom/email/text access with Rob. If you have a specific problem to solve with a drawing you’re working on, your coach is always ready to help. Enjoy the benefits and convenience of one-on-one instruction and guidance. You can even combine email/text and Zoom chats with on-location sessions for a powerful hybrid learning experience. (A few examples of adult and youth student work during Covid.)
New! On-location Sketchbook Workshops Your Premium Membership gives you access to all on-location sketchbook workshops with Rob at various downtown Santa Cruz locations and venues.
New! In-Studio Sessions Rob now offers Premium one-on-one, in-studio coaching sessions. Learn to work with various drawing media such as pencil, ink, charcoal, watercolors.
Customized Learning Path If you’re self-motivated, curious, and creative, then you’re ready to be a member in our small but mighty drawing community. Through one-on-one coaching sessions Rob customizes a learning path that fits into your schedule, lets you work at your own pace, and choose specific subjects that interest you.
For details on how MDC email/text sessions can work, click this box:
Proven Results Our friendly Santa Cruz studio location has closed permanently—Covid bummer! For over 11 years our legendary in-studio Drawing Lab sessions provided a safe environment for creativity and collaboration—a place to learn at your own pace. (Shown above, Drawing Lab students take a break to share their progress and enjoy some refreshments.) Rob’s innovative approach to teaching basic drawing skills, techniques, and strategies is integral to our Premium Membership program.
For info on how your learning path is set up click this box:
Premium Membership Pricing & Sign Up
- 4, 30-minute sessions: Your choice of one-on-one Zoom/email/text or on-location sessions with Rob. You also have the option of extending your sessions, if scheduling permits. Extended time is charged at 15-minute increments
- Participation in on-location small group, workshops. Special value: Each 2-hour workshop counts as 1, 30-minute Premium session
- Customized learning path that Rob designs as you progress through your sessions
- Community Drawing Board emails featuring student work and tips
- The Scribbles Institute eNewsletter
Other areas of drawing that Rob can help you with during your Premium Membership sessions include:
- iPad concept sketching, character design
- Illustration, book concept development, visual thinking, workflow consultation
- Apply skills to visual art and design projects
Note: Upon purchase of your membership, you have a maximum of 5 weeks to complete your sessions.
Rob’s availability is limited to a handful of students. This allows him time to focus deeply on your drawing progress.
Get Started! Click the Button…
Student Email/Text Gallery Students from all over the world draw from life and reference photos as they work with Rob. Students like to use MDC email/text coaching to get comments on finished drawings as well as work-in-progress. There is a 15-minute minimum charge for email/text sessions, which are included in your Premium Membership. Shown above is work by youth sketcher Kaitlyn from Riverside, California during her MDC session that focused on form and contour lines. Check out more student drawings: